ORAFOL Americas is part of ORAFOL GmbH, a global provider of solutions for the automotive restyling, signage graphics, personal safety, vehicle conspicuity, traffic safety and energy markets.
2010 – Today
2011: ORAFOL acquires Reflexite Corporation, USA, and its worldwide subsidiaries. 2012: The former ORACAL A.Ş., Turkey, is integrated into the ORAFOL Group, and changes its name to ORAFOL Turkey.
2000s: Strong Global Growth
2000: The company commences building of a new manufacturing and logistics centre. 2005: Construction begins on a new factory for ORACAL USA in Black Creek, Georgia. This manufacturing plant is the most modern one of its kind in the Americas. The company Transatlantic H. Bernhardt GmbH and Orafol Klebetechnik GmbH merge into Orafol Europe GmbH. 2006: ORACAL USA commences production of graphic materials and starts supplying the American continent.
1990: The company changes name to Orafol Klebetechnik GmbH. 1991: Orafol Klebetechnik GmbH is privatised. 1995: The founding stone is laid for Orafol's new facility in the Oranienburger industrial area.
1900 – 1989: Setting Roots in Oranienburg
1919: The company relocates from Berlin to its current location in Oranienburg, Germany. 1957: The company becomes semi-nationalised, and changes its name to Hannalin KG. 1960: The company starts producing MIKROLUX brand self-adhesive reflective films for traffic signs. 1972: The business becomes state owned under the name VEB Spezialfarben Oranienburg. 1976: The first graphic products are manufactured and sold. The product brand ORACAL is born.
1800: The Very Beginning
1808: The Wibelitz family founds the Wieblitz-Farbenwerkstatt company as the exclusive producer of postmark inks for the Kingdom of Prussia. This continued for nearly 100 years before it moved into the manufacture of varnishes and lacquers